Statement of Principles


Nevada government keeps getting bigger and BIGGER. We deserve minimum, strictly limited, constitutional government in this State.

Forget all this blather about a $3B "shortfall". The budget for the '12/'13 biennium should be no more than $200M.



Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Smith Center for the Arts

Originally published in a LVRJ Forum

I can't stand those taxpayer-funded marble palaces known as "concert halls". Las Vegas Philharmonic OUT of Smith Arts Center. That white elephant is being financed with special taxes on folks who rent cars at McCarran. Because we all know that slot players who rent Chevys are such huge classical music fans.

There are >1,000 classical CD's in my house, covering works from Albinoni to Zumaya. My favorite *pop* recordings are from Bellagio's (classically trained) Ariel (RIP). My cable subscription includes several classical music channels. I don't expect taxpayers to subsidize my entertainment or livelihood.

Why do elists want the rest of us to subsidize theirs?

No comments:

Post a Comment